Meet us at 395 Fort Washington Avenue, 1 block away from 175st subway station
You will hike with a non-judgmental, fun group of like-minded women. Bear Mountain hike is a moderate 4-mile hike with stunning views. You don't need to be an experienced hiker but you have to be in good enough shape to walk for 3 hours in pretty rough terrain, carrying your small backpack.
Escape trips are always a mix of deep and light conversations, a feel good experience and the opportunity to meet other wonderful women while exercising in Nature
What we will do: Our journey begins at the historic and beautiful Bear Mountain Inn. Built in 1915 upon a plateau overlooking the shores of Hessian Lake, it’s a national treasure made of local stone and timber. We will start our ascent of Bear Mountain, a pretty rough 1.5 miles climb, enjoying the calm of the forest. It is a healthy challenge and we will stop as more as needed along the way.At the top we will admire the gorgeous Hudson River valley and spectacular mountain views... the perfect spot for a picnic. -If it is too cold we will have our picnic at the lodge on the way back-.
We will talk, laugh pause and reflect on 2020. We will have time to chat and relax before starting our descent, using a section of the legendary Appalachian Trail.
Back at the cozy Bear Mountain lodge we will have some well deserved warm (or cold) drinks (not included) before going back to the car!
This Escape is a 7-person adventure (6 clients and 1 female guide).
- Expert guide
- Park permits
- Warm and comfortable clothing, this is a WINTER hike
- Warm and waterproof jacket as ski jacket
- Warm pants
- Thermal underwear
- Wool socks
- Hiking boots or running shoes
- Your picnic: we recommend a sandwich, fruits, chips...
- Ample snacks such as dry fruits, trail mix, energy bars, fruits
- At least 2 liters of water in a sturdy water bottle such as a Nalgene
- A backpack big enough to carry water and food
- Weather-appropriate clothing